Friday 15 July 2016

Table Air Combat Continued


I have had the chance to read through the full rules for Table Air Combat that are collated in the Flight Operations Manual and was impressed by the mechanics for air gunners, bombing missions and flak. So much so, in fact, that I've now added the packs for the B17F, P47D, Fw190A8, Bf109G and the Me262 to the Battle of Britain set that I started out with earlier in the week. I'm tempted to get some Wildcats and Zeros too, but will have to resist.

It will be interesting to compare the later war aircraft with the early war fighters, dive bombers and medium bombers, in terms of performance, firepower and energy ratings. It should make for an exciting game when I have assembled all the cardboard bits and bobs. I'm really impressed by the thought and clever design behind this little 'print and play' system, so hope to get a game in over the weekend to see how it plays out in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment