Thursday 21 July 2016

MTB


I found my old copy of Tabletop Games MTB yesterday, so have squeezed it into the pile of stuff I'm taking on holiday, even though it's a bit long in the tooth. This is a great little coastal warfare game using cardboard counters for the MTB's, MGB's, E Boats and Coasters that fought up and down the East Coast in WW2. The rules are simple but require quite a lot of book keeping and order writing, which was fairly typical of wargame rules in the 1970's when it was written. I played this game over and over again when I was a kid and got hours of fun out of the experience, so it will be interesting to see if it has lasted the test of time.

3 comments:

  1. I have vague memories of playing this game. You could always get David Manley's Action Stations rules to update things a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Action Stations and a whole swathe of other coastal warfare rules, together with 1/600 scale boats for both sides. Just need to pack something simple for the kids to play on holiday, so MTB fits the bill. I wish someone would produce card counters for coastal warfare vessels, which I would definitely make use of for holiday gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories this and spaceships game too.☺

    ReplyDelete